Hazelnut Flavour Meringues with Fruits of the Forest Cream – by Rosie Fontanillas.
This meringue recipe features our nut-free Hazelnut Natural Flavouring – simple to make and great to enjoy.
For the Meringue
3 egg whites
175g caster sugar
13 drops of Foodie Flavours’ Hazelnut Natural Flavouring
For the Cream Filling
250ml double cream
8 drops of Foodie Flavours’ Fruits of the Forest Natural Flavouring
Fruits eg. raspberries, blueberries etc.
Demerara sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the Oven to 200F or 100C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. (Using an electric whisk if possible)
- Add the caster sugar a teaspoon at a time, whisking all the time. Then add 13 drops of High Strength ‘Hazelnut Natural Flavouring’ from Foodie Flavours and stir in well.
- Using two desertspoons carefully spoon the meringue onto the baking sheet (makes about 12). Sprinkle with some Demerara sugar. Then put in the oven to bake for 3 to 4 hours until firm and dry.
- While allowing to cool, make the cream by whisking the double cream until firm but not over whipped.
- Add a teaspoon of caster sugar and 8 drops of High Strength ‘Fruits of the forest Natural flavouring’ from Foodie Flavours and stir in.
- When the meringues are cool fill with cream and some fruit such as raspberries, blueberries etc. Sandwich together and you’re done.
Do you have a recipe featuring Foodie Flavours? Please email email@example.com and it could be featured on this website.