This tasty recipe for Raspberry Rose Cupcakes comes from The Gourmet Cupcake Company. This subtle combination is a surprising perfect pair, plus it features our delicious all-natural Foodie Flavours. If you live in the Chelmsford area you can also obtain Foodie Flavours at The Gourmet Cupcake Company Shop.
“One cannot live well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well…” – Virginia Woolf
So, now for the Pink Raspberry Rose Cupcakes
For the cakes
100g Self Raising Flour
125g Caster Sugar
2 large eggs
25g ground almonds (or just use 25g of extra flour)
1 tsp baking powder
Just 3 drops of Foodie Flavours Natural Raspberry Flavouring
Pink food colouring
150g raspberries, gently crushed (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 C (lower for fan depending on your oven)
2. Place ingredients into a large bowl and beat on a low speed until incorporated
3. Add pink colouring to desired shade whilst mixing on high for 30 seconds
4. If adding the raspberries, fold them gently through at the end.
5. Half fill cupcake cases and bake for around 20 minutes until springy.
For the icing
125g Unsalted Butter
250g Icing Sugar
Just 2 drops of Foodie Flavours Natural Rose Flavouring
1. Mix butter and icing sugar slowly to incorporate
2. Add Foodie Flavours Natural Rose Flavouring then mix on high for 3 minutes
3. Pipe or spatula onto cooled cupcakes and decorate to your hearts desire!
Why not take a course at The Gourmet Cupcake Company