75g soft brown sugar
10ml (2 tbsp) orange juice
225g (8oz) plain flour sifted
5ml (1tbsp) bicarbonate soda
5ml (1tbsp) cinnamon
7 drops Foodie flavours. Natural Orange Flavouring
8 drops Foodie Flavours Natural Almond Flavouring
1. Preheat the oven to 170.c
2. Heat gently in a saucepan the butter, sugar, honey, orange juice, until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted. Add the 7 drops of orange Foodie Flavouring to the mixture.
3. Sieve the flour and dry ingredients in a bowl and add the melted ingredients. Mix well until the dough becomes firm.
4. Place the dough in a plastic bag and chill in the fridge for 35 minutes.
5.Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes.
6. Mix the Foodie Flavours natural Almond Flavouring with the fondant.
When the cookies are cool turn fondant out onto a surface dusted with icing sugar and roll out to thickness of 3mm and cut out using cutters. Use some warm jam to act as glue placing sugar paste onto the top of the cookies.