Oven Scones :
225g (8oz) self raising flour
2.5 ml (1/2 level tsp) salt
5ml (1 level tsp) baking powder
25-50g (1-2 oz) butter or margarine
150ml (1/4 pint) milk
beaten egg or milk to glaze
Pot of strawberry jam
Suggested Flavouring :
Lavender Foodie Flavouring
Rhubarb Foodie Flavouring
Chocolate Foodie Flavouring
1. Preheat a baking sheet in the oven. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together into a bowl, then rub in the fat until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Make a well in the centre and stir in enough and stir in enough milk to give a fairly soft dough. Turn it on to a lightly floured surface, kneed very lightly if necessary to remove any cracks, then roll out lightly until about 2cm thick, or pat it out with your hand.
3. cut into 10-12 rounds with a 5cm cutter or cut into triangles with a sharp knife. Place on the baking sheet and brush if wished with beaten egg or milk.
Bake at 230.c for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown and well risen.
4. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve the scones split and buttered.
1. Mix in one drop of your required Foodie Flavouring to jam for your scones and adjust to taste.