They’re fresh, decadent, pretty on the eyes and delicious to eat, so before all this beautiful lavender has gone for another year, quick get out there and try them yourself!!
- Preheat the oven to 145C and line your cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
- Cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy then one by one crack in each egg, mixing well in-between. Add the vanilla extract and melted white chocolate then mix to combine.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and fold through the mixture until smooth. Coat the white chocolate chips with flour (this stops them from sinking during bake) and delicately fold through the mixture.
- Divide between all cupcake cases and bake slow for about 40 minutes, checking after 30. They’re ready when golden-brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack for an hour
For Lavender Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat together the icing sugar and butter together until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese, 5 drops of lavender essence and colour paste then whip all together until you have a lavender, lump free, velvety consistency. Add more lavender essence and colour to taste if necessary.
- Scoop into your piping bag, tipped with your favourite choice of nozzle and pipe away.
- Decorate with fresh, washed stems of lavender
”Lavender natural flavour is currently what I use as it makes life easy. It also lasts forever as you only need a few drops to create the flavour.Alix CareyMy Kitchen Drawer