A Zesty and Refreshingly Sweet Treat. Lemon Drizzle Traybake, Perfect for Picnics and Lunchboxes.
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 250g Baking Spread
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1.5 Tsp Foodie Flavours Organic Lemon Extract
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 350g Icing Sugar, sifted
- 1 Tsp Foodie Flavours Organic Lemon Extract
- 3-4 Tbsp Water
- Handful of Freeze Dried Raspberries (optional)
Servings 15 / Prep time 15 mins / Cook time 25 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan and line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with greaseproof baking paper.
- Cream together the caster sugar and baking spread in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and lemon extract, along with a large spoonful of the flour. Beat together to combine.
- Fold in the baking powder, milk and remaining flour until fully incorporated.
- Add the mixture to the baking tin and bake in the oven for approximately 25 mins.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 mins then transfer to a wired cooling rack to cool.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add the water and lemon extract. Stir together until smooth.
- Spread the icing on top of the cooled sponge and sprinkle some freeze dried raspberries to decorate.
- Once the icing has set, slice the traybake into 15 portions and enjoy.