Indulge in Floral Delights – Lavender Scones with Zesty Lemon Icing
Treat yourself to these tender and buttery scones. Enjoy a world of floral delights, where the delicate notes of lavender harmoniously blend with a burst of citrus lemon. Made even more special with a drop of Foodie Flavours Lavender Natural Flavouring. These scones are a perfect snack or new treat to enjoy with friends and a cup of tea.
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 75g Unsalted Butter, cold
- 2 Tbsp Caster Sugar
- 120ml Whole Milk, plus extra for brushing the tops
- 35 Drops Foodie Flavours Lavender Flavouring
- 5 Tsp Culinary Dried Lavender (optional)
- 75g Icing Sugar, sifted
- 5 Tsp Milk
- ¼ Tsp Foodie Flavours Organic Lemon Extract
Servings 8 / Prep time 15 mins / Cook time 15 mins
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan and line a baking tray with greaseproof baking paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Chop up the butter into small cubes. Rub it into the flour using your fingertips until you have a fine breadcrumb consistency. There should be no lumps of butter remaining.
- Mix in the sugar.
- Add the lavender flavouring to the milk and give it a little stir.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the milk. Mix together until a dough is formed.
- Dust your work surface with flour and shape the dough into a circle, around 3-4cm thick.
- Using a sharp knife, slice up the dough into 8 even pieces (like a pizza).
- Place the sliced dough onto the prepared baking tray, leaving a gap between each.
- Brush the tops of the dough with a little milk.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool the scones on a wire rack.
- Once the scones are cool, mix together the icing sugar, lemon extract and milk to make the icing.
- Drizzle the icing over the tops of the scones using a spoon or piping bag.
- If decorating with lavender, sprinkle it over the tops before the icing sets.
- Best enjoyed fresh on the day.