Banana Berry Pancakes Recipe
- 200g (7oz) self-raising flour
- 25g (1oz) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10-15 drops of foodie flavours’ banana natural flavouring
- 2 eggs
- 250ml (8floz) milk
- Sunflower/olive oil
- Honey, golden syrup etc
- 2-3 bananas
- Put the flour, sugar, baking powder and eggs into a bowl. Gradually whisk in the milk, little by little, until the mixture is smooth and all the milk has been added then add the banana flavouring and mix well.
- Put some oil over the base of a large frying pan or griddle. Heat for 1-2 minutes, then add large spoonfuls of the pancake mixture to the pan, leaving space between each spoonful so that they don’t all join together.
- Cook the pancakes for about 1 minute on the first side or until bubbles appear on the top of each pancake. Turn over the pancakes with a pallet knife or spatula and cook the other side for about 1 minute until golden. From time to time lift to check if they have browned.
- Take the cooked pancakes off the heat and put to the side on a plate. Continue making more pancakes until all the mixture is used up.
- Plate up the pancakes on plates in whatever way you choose (make sure to put some honey or golden syrup between each pancake to keep them together, it acts like a glue). I tend to put slices of bananas between each pancake and then decorate the top with even more honey or golden syrup and the strawberries and blueberries.
*These pancakes are also nice with foodie flavours’ natural orange flavouring and chocolate spread on top along with the same fruits.