Light, Hazelnutty & Chocolatey Cupcakes, with Kinder Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
This recipe is from Jane from Jane’s Patisserie.
– 175g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
– 175g Light Brown Sugar
– 3 Large Eggs
– 140g Self-Raising Flour
– 35g Cocoa Powder
– 1/2tsp (25 drops) Foodie Flavours Sweet Hazelnut & Chocolate flavouring
– 2-3tbsps Whole Milk
Nutella Buttercream Frosting
– 150g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
– 300g Icing Sugar, sifted
– 100g Kinder Chocolate Bars, chopped
– Kinder Bueno
– Chocolate Sprinkles
1) Preheat your oven to 170C/160CFan and Line a 12 Hole Muffin Tray with Large Cupcake Cases/Muffin Cases
2) Cream together the Butter and Light Brown Sugar with an electric beater till smooth – add in the Eggs, Flour, Cocoa Powder, Sweet Hazelnut & Chocolate Flavouring, and beat again till combined on a Medium Speed.
3) Once combined it might still be a little stiff, so loosen with the Whole Milk – using Whole Milk is important as lower fat milks might make the mixture split slightly!
4) Spoon into your Cases and Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through! Leave to cool on a wire rack.
5) Once the cakes are cool, make the frosting – Melt the Kinder Chocolate Bars in the microwave on a low/medium heat until smooth – leave to cool. Beat the room temperature butter until smooth. Add in the Icing Sugar 1/3 at a time, making sure the sugar is fully incorporated until moving on! I use my KitchenAid for Frostings as the machine can make it so much lighter and fluffier!
6) Once all of the Sugar is in the Frosting mix, keep on beating the Frosting but add the melted and slightly cooled Kinder Chocolate – beat again. If its looking a bit stiff, or a bit odd, add a tsp or two of boiling water and continue to beat until smooth.
7) Decorate your cupcakes how you like, I stick in half a bit of kinder bueno each, and sprinkle on some chocolate sprinkles – and ENJOY!
For the full recipe with tips and a description head to www.janespatisserie.com
Jane’s view of Foodie Flavours:
When Foodie Flavours sent me some of their new flavours I knew I would like them as the others I have tried in the past are just amazing and I am not saying that for more freebies. Honestly, if I didn’t like something, I would be honest about it! As this flavouring really was so damn delicious.. I seriously recommend it. It wasn’t full on nutty and a bit eurgh which can sometimes be too much for some people, it was just the right amount. It gave the cupcakes an extra kick of chocolateyness with the hint of the sweet nutty flavour in the background.