It’s Dora here! I am so excited to try out our new natural flavour so I thought it would work really well in marshmallows. Here’s the recipe.
Dandelion and Burdock Marshmallow Recipe
– 250ml water
– 3 sachets powdered gelatine
– 400g sugar
– 12-5ml corn syrup
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 3 tbsp icing sugar
– 3 tbsp cornflour.
– Dandelion and Burdock Natural Foodie Flavour
(If you have a sugar thermometer it would be really handy)
1) Grease a pan.
2) In the large bowl of a stand mixer (or an electric hand whisk can be used) pour in 125ml water, sprinkle over the gelatine, and leave to one side.
3) In a large saucepan add 125ml water, the sugar, the corn syrup and the salt. Bring to the boil and boil for a few minutes or until a sugar thermometer reads 240° F (115° C). (Don’t stir for this stage and it is really hot so take care).
4) Mix the gelatine in the stand mixer bowl to break it up a little, then slowly drizzle the sugar syrup into the gelatine mixture with the mixer on a high speed. Leave the machine to whip the mixture for about 8 minutes.(it should look light and fluffy). Just before you finish mixing add 15-30 drops of our Foodie Flavour depending on how strong you like it!
5) Pour into the greased tin and spread with a spatula. Grease some cling film and smooth over the marshmallow. Allow to set for about 6 hours.
6) Sprinkle icing sugar and cornflour on a work top, turn out the marshmallow and cut into squares with a greased knife and roll them in the mixture to coat.