Crisp puff pastry filled with passion fruit flavour vegan cream cheese makes these berry breakfast pastries a simple but decadent crowd pleaser! Glaze with demerara sugar or icing sugar for a super simple sweet treat!
- ½ cup (90g) vegan cream cheese
- 2 tblsp (25g) icing sugar
- 2 tblsp cornflour
- 15 drops Foodie Flavours Passion Fruit
- 1 sheet pre-rolled vegan puff pastry
- 1/2 cup (70g) fresh raspberries (or sub with any berry)
- 1/2 tblsp non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tblsp maple or agave syrup
- 5 drops Foodie Flavours Passion Fruit
Makes 6 pastries
- Preheat your oven to 180 Fan / 200 C / 400 F / Gas 6 and line 1-2 trays with parchment or silicon
- Put the cream cheese into a bowl and whisk in the icing sugar, cornflour and passion fruit flavouring
- Uncurl the puff pastry and lie flat on the parchment it usually comes wrapped in
- Cut across the middle lengthways then cut each half into 3 – giving you 6 squares on total
- Mix the milk with the syrup and passion fruit flavour and brush round the edge of each of the squares
- Put a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture on one half of each of the squares, add a little more to each one if you have any of the cheese mixture left
- Top the cheese with a few of the berries – don’t overfill or you might struggle to close the turnovers!
- Fold the uncovered part of the pastry over the cream cheese so that you have a triangle. Carefully life each one onto your prepared tray(s)
- Use a fork to seal the edges of the pastry together – push gently but firmly so that they still together well
- Brush each pastry triangle with the glaze covering all the top of the pastry well then generously sprinkle over the demerara sugar
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until well risen, puffed and golden
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before devouring!
For more details visit thecookandhim.com