Tropical summer treats. Delight with these tasty and visually stunning watermelon themed cupcakes.
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 200g Self Raising Flour, sifted
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp Gorilla Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- Green Food Colouring
- 350g Icing Sugar, sifted
- 150g Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 25 Drops of Foodie Flavours Watermelon Flavouring
- Red Food Colouring
- 50g Dark Chocolate Chips
12 Servings / Prep time 30 mins / Bake time 20 mins
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan and line a cupcake/muffin tray with 12 cases.
- Cream together the caster sugar and butter in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, along with a large spoonful of the flour and beat together.
- Fold the remaining flour into the mixture with the milk, using a spatula/metal spoon.
- Add the green food colouring and fold until the colour is evenly distributed.
- Fill each case approximately 2/3 full and bake in the oven for 20-22 mins.
- Leave the cupcakes in the tray for 5 mins, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- With a handheld or stand mixer, beat the butter for 2-3 mins until pale and fluffy.
- Add half the icing sugar and beat again until combined. Repeat with the rest of the icing sugar.
- Add the Watermelon flavouring and milk and beat the buttercream for 5 mins.
- Using a small amount of red food colouring, colour the buttercream until it’s a similar shade to the inside of a watermelon.
- Pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes, add the chocolate chips and enjoy!