Light, crisp and delicate, a vegan version of the classic Danish Butter Cookie. Melt in the mouth deliciousness!
35-40 Cookies / Prep time 30 mins / Cook time 20 mins
- Preheat your oven to 170 Fan / 190 C / 375 F and line a couple of large trays with parchment or silicon mats
- If you’re planning ahead, you’ll want to leave the butter out overnight or at least for a few hours to soften. Alternatively soften the butter in a microwave. Make sure to soften only, not melt!
- Put the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment and beat until pale
- Add the icing sugar and beat together with the butter until creamy and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice to make sure everything is mixing well
- Add the butter flavouring, flour, cornflour and vanilla and beat just until the mixture forms a sticky dough
- If the mixture is too stiff to pipe beat in a few drops of boiling water
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag and pipe shapes until you’ve used all the dough. If it helps, draw in pencil on the underside of the parchment as a guide while piping
- Chill the trays in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Sprinkle the granulated sugar over the cookies then bake for 20 minutes until golden – they will firm up a little on cooling
- Store in an airtight container
For more recipe tips visit The Cook and Him – Vegan Danish Butter Cookies