- 1 cup (160g) vegan dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup (130ml) aquafaba – roughly all the liquid from a 400g can of chickpeas
- 20 drops Foodie Flavours Honeycomb Essence
- 1/2 cup (75g) icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Electric whisk – either a stand mixer or hand held whisk
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or over a bain-marie (a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water)
- Once it’s melted set aside to cool slightly while you whisk the meringue
- Whisk the aquafaba in your stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand held electric whisk. It takes a good 5 minutes to get those giant fluffy peaks. I whisk on medium/fast speed
- Once the meringue is fluffy and whisked to peaks add the honeycomb essence and whisk in for a minute
- Mix the cream of tartar with the icing sugar then while still whisking (on a slower speed) gradually add to the meringue mixture until fully incorporated. I add a spoonful at a time
- Pour in the melted chocolate and using a spatula (no whisking here, we want to retain as much of those fluffy peaks as possible!) gently but thoroughly mix it through the meringue until there are no white streaks
- Spoon into serving bowls or glasses or spoon into a large piping bag and pipe into your glasses
- You can eat this almost immediately but it does firm up a little after an hour in the fridge. Store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat!
Visit The Cook & Him for more details on this recipe.