Add some heat this winter with this delicious Chilli Chocolate Mousse Recipe. Featuring Foodie Flavours’ Bird’s Eye Chilli Extract.
4-6 Servings / Prep time 15 mins / Chill time 120 mins
- Break up the chocolate into a large microwave safe bowl and put aside a chunk of the chocolate for later (approx. 5g).
- Add half the cream and heat for 40 seconds in the microwave. Remove and stir until smooth. If there are still some lumps of chocolate, pop the mixture into the microwave for 20 seconds and stir.
- Add the egg yolks and Bird’s Eye Chilli Extract to the chocolate mixture while it is still warm and stir together. If the mixture is too cool when adding the egg yolks, the mixture will end up being too thick.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg whites and sugar and whisk on a high setting until stiff peaks are formed.
- Add a large spoonful of the egg white mixture to the chocolate mixture and gently stir it in to loosen it.
- Fold in the remaining egg white mixture until combined.
- Add the mousse to your serving glasses using a spoon or piping bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, whip the remaining cream and add it to the top of each mousse pot.
- Grate some chocolate over the cream and serve.