Bite sized chocolate coated pillows of luxury, for those who adore coconut.
- 80g Unsalted Butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 Medium Eggs, at room temperature
- 80g Caster Sugar
- 80g Plain Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 25-30 Drops Foodie Flavours Coconut Flavouring
- 85g Dark Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Desiccated Coconut
Servings 12 / Prep time 15 mins, Plus 30mins chill time / Cook time 10 mins
- Add the butter to a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave on a high heat setting for 1 min. Stir the butter until fully melted and set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs and sugar together for 5 mins on a medium setting.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Gently fold the flour into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Add the melted butter and coconut flavouring and fold until combined.
- Cover the madeleine mixture with cling film and pop it in the fridge to chill for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan and lightly grease your madeleine pan with melted butter.
- Equally spoon the mixture into each madeleine mould.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 mins, then turn out the madeleines onto a wire rack to cool.
- Break up the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals in the microwave on a high heat setting, stirring in between until smooth.
- Dunk the top of each madeleine into the chocolate and sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
- Allow the chocolate to set and enjoy!